Merry Christmas!! First off, we have a brand-new preschooler! He was here for this week and he'll be here for the rest of the year. Check out how awesome he looks:

His name is Noah. Please notice that this is our second Noah...so we call him Noah K. He is going to help us become the best hand-washers ever because he also has a contact peanut allergy. We have been learning about peanut allergies and how to help him stay safe. We are getting very good at keeping all dangerous foods away from our preschool (everyone even brought treats for our Christmas party and it was all safe!). We're glad he's here in our school and his mom and Ms. Jana are always happy to answer questions about Noah K's allergy.
We had a super week and I'm just now realizing that I did not get pictures of the ALMOST MOST IMPORTANT thing that happened!! We got our gingerbread men back!!
Here's how we did it: We read "The Gingerbread Baby" where Matty, the boy, traps his runaway gingerbread baby by building a gingerbread house. So we decided to do the same.
We built an amazing gingerbread house and set it outside in the snow. And before too long, there was a knock at the door and those pesky gingerbread men were back!! We ate them as quickly as possible so they couldn't escape again!
Here's what else we did...
had a snack.
and made some awesome Snowman Forest ornaments.
First we painted our hands.
Put a blue ornament on the paint.
Grabbed the ball.
Let them dry.
Then painted snowmen on the fingers. Too cute!
Then we re-created the nativity. Here's how we all looked:
Sarah played the part of the baby.
Karsyn is the angel.
Eastyn as Wise Man #1
Jake as Wise Man #2
Ezra as Wise Man #3
Noah K as the shepherd
Noah as Joseph
and Desi as Mary.
Having lunch together.



Checking the mail to see where our gingerbread men were spotted!
Writing on the chalkboard
Playing with our nativities (see last year's nativity on the wall above!?)
Karyn showing off her personality. I love these kids!
Sharing together.

I hope everyone has a lovely, relaxing Christmas break!! I get to see my sister from Kentucky that I haven't seen in a long time and my brother is getting married the middle of January--so we've got a lot of fun things going on.
Merry Christmas and see you all next year!
His name is Noah. Please notice that this is our second Noah...so we call him Noah K. He is going to help us become the best hand-washers ever because he also has a contact peanut allergy. We have been learning about peanut allergies and how to help him stay safe. We are getting very good at keeping all dangerous foods away from our preschool (everyone even brought treats for our Christmas party and it was all safe!). We're glad he's here in our school and his mom and Ms. Jana are always happy to answer questions about Noah K's allergy.
We had a super week and I'm just now realizing that I did not get pictures of the ALMOST MOST IMPORTANT thing that happened!! We got our gingerbread men back!!
Here's how we did it: We read "The Gingerbread Baby" where Matty, the boy, traps his runaway gingerbread baby by building a gingerbread house. So we decided to do the same.
We built an amazing gingerbread house and set it outside in the snow. And before too long, there was a knock at the door and those pesky gingerbread men were back!! We ate them as quickly as possible so they couldn't escape again!
Here's what else we did...
had a snack.
Sarah played the part of the baby.
I hope everyone has a lovely, relaxing Christmas break!! I get to see my sister from Kentucky that I haven't seen in a long time and my brother is getting married the middle of January--so we've got a lot of fun things going on.
Merry Christmas and see you all next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment