Historically, Corn Week has always been one of my top five favorite weeks of school. There's just so much fun stuff to do and play with. We had a great (but short) week this week. And to make it extra fun, we also had a birthday party at school! Sarah and Karsyn shared a party because they are both now 3 years old. Happy birthday, girls!!

Having our Corn Guessing Game snacks--which things are made from corn? Answer: everything has corn in it in some form or another.
Making our favorite goop...cornstarch and water. Mix until amazing.
Taking turns to help me stir. Also, the camera is reminding me at this point that it is dying.
Serious concentration.
Excited anticipation.
Real interest.
Curious surprise.
This was our corn soup. Because preschool went extra long, we got to have lunch together (which we don't do very often). And you can be proud of your preschoolers, all seven kids were dying to say the prayer.
Getting ready to see what happens to popcorn kernels when they get hot...
Spilling out.
Flying all over.
I anticipated this moment so I promise I mopped the floor before preschool on this morning!
Birthday girls!!
Opening a present.
This was what Sarah did when I asked her to "smile pretty". She thought she was HILARIOUS.
So hilarious, Karsyn wanted to recreate the same look and came up with this.
Synchronized adorability.
Everyone gets to blow out a candle.



Singing to themselves.
Blowing out the candle!

Happy Desi!
By popular demand, the cornstarch goo is back again today.




Making a corn-on-the-cob with indian corn.



After she was done, she wasn't really done. So Desi asked for something else to glue corn upon. I wrote her name on a paper and she traced it with glue and covered it with corn. Looks awesome!

No matter what we eat, I can count on these three always eating the most. And they're usually still eating long after everyone else is done (Desi is always the first one away from the table).

Acting like popcorn....Sitting in the popcorn popper. Getting warm.
Warmer, warmer, start wiggling around...
and POP!
From another angle. Sitting in the popper. Getting warmer.
Wiggling, it's hotter. And hotter. And HOTTER...
POP!

It was a great week. And almost time for Thanksgiving.
No matter what we eat, I can count on these three always eating the most. And they're usually still eating long after everyone else is done (Desi is always the first one away from the table).
It was a great week. And almost time for Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment