What a fun week! It was Leaves and Fall Week. We talked more about what time of year it is and we love watching the weather change. We made lots of fun leafy things and had a great time. Here's the pictures to prove it...
At the end of this post, you'll see how we made this tree and its leaves!
Falling leaves (of course, it's the time of year!)

We sang "The Leaves on the Trees" and it was fun!
We made our leaves go flying.



Our leaf buffet was a huge hit--we have lots of kinds of leaves to try; iceberg lettuce, artichokes, celery, cabbage, & leaf lettuce. Also, ranch dressing was a must!

We also decorated trees with leaves--and some of us had leaves falling off our trees, some had leaves still on our trees. Just like in real life.

Playing together with trains.
I love this picture--Karsyn was apparently the victim of a crime...
...and then I showed her the picture I took of her crying. This is literally four seconds after the one above.

Mmmmm! Leaf smoothies (spinach and banana with apple juice). Most of us were brave enough to taste them. Four of us wanted more!

Getting ready to do some awesome painting...
Using leaf-shaped sponges to make lots of leaves.



Using tons of awesome fall colors.


And then we became falling leaves ourselves. Can't you hear us screaming? AAAAAAAaaaaaaa!
Karsyn.
Sarah.
Desi.
Ezra.
Eastyn. He was not happy about this project at all. He did not want to lie down on the floor and pretend to be a falling leaf. He did not want to scream. He did not want to hold his arms out. So the second he cooperated, I snapped the photo FAST so he could escape the torture. Then when I printed the pictures, his is the only one whose hand got cut off by the camera. And he noticed it immediately. Poor, poor Eastyn!
Jake. Enjoying the ride.
Noah.

It was an awesome and fall-filled week. Because our letter of the week was Ll, we sang some fun songs including this awesome one from The Electric Company
(anyone else old enough to remember?). Have fun...we watched it about 55 times this week!
At the end of this post, you'll see how we made this tree and its leaves!
We sang "The Leaves on the Trees" and it was fun!
Getting ready to do some awesome painting...
It was an awesome and fall-filled week. Because our letter of the week was Ll, we sang some fun songs including this awesome one from The Electric Company
(anyone else old enough to remember?). Have fun...we watched it about 55 times this week!
2 comments:
I watched this a couple of times and it was amazing. Where do you find stuff like this!! It was hilarious!
I just remembered it from The Electric Company. The amazing part is that when I went to youtube, it was there!!
I watched a TON of PBS as a kid, Ma. I got more hilarious songs in my memory bank than you could imagine...
Post a Comment