Friday, February 19, 2010

Week Twenty-Three: Emotions & Feelings Week

It was emotions & feelings week and frankly, we felt GREAT about it!

We talked and sang and danced and read books about how we feel and what we can do to be nice even if we don't feel nice. Basically, it was a week-long therapy session.

We're all cured now.

Our week's work culminated in this awesome poster we made. My sister, Jamie is my editor for all things awesome. She helped put this together. A few notes while you're perusing the pictures:

Jake was out of town all week so his sad face was really a background shot from an old picture I had in my files where he didn't know he was on camera.

Eastyn's happy face was his ONLY option. He refused to try silly or sad or angry. For him, it was happy or nothing. Which is kind of like his life philosophy.

Ezra really growled at me when I asked him to pose angry. Karsyn got concerned and asked me why Ezra was so mad. Talk about acting skills!

Every time Sarah looks at this picture of herself, she opens her mouth and sucks in air really loudly as a re-creation of what she did to look excited.

I let each of the kids take my picture with my camera. Is it any wonder I look nervous???

Noah K's surprised face surprised him. When he saw it on the poster, he said "I look like a dinosaur!" Is that an emotion?

Desi did silly the exact way that it was done on the poster from 2 years ago.

Karsyn has to scream every time she sees herself here. Noisy is right!

Noah told me he wanted to be the angry guy. So when I told him to act angry, his hands went right over his face & he peeked at me. I told him to HOLD THAT POSE and he instantly became shy guy instead.
Making emotional pizzas.





Can you tell how we feel just by looking here?
Ta-da!

Playing a game where we decide how the kids in our pictures are feeling.



Friends playing together.Karsyn trying out Desi's silly face.
What Karsyn does, Sarah needs a turn to do, too!
Noah's favorite pasttime is building up a set just perfectly and then guarding it from other kids messing it up.
Noah K showing me his ninja moves. He was VERY serious about this.
Playing music to show how we feel.
Getting ready...
happy!
sad!
sad!
super sad!
happy!
sleepy?
excited!
Making Mad Monster faces (yum...graham crackers and frosting!)

Coloring our feelings book.



It was a week that we feel great about!

No comments: