This week we had lots of reasons to celebrate—birthdays for Karsyn and Caiden and a long holiday weekend!
We read lots of fun books like “Big Red Barn” and “Brown Bear, Brown Bear” and “What is the shape?”
We ate things that were round, things that were all the colors of the rainbow (there’s not that many blue foods out there) and things that were all triangles. We are very good at naming shapes!
One of our favorite games was to hide a little mouse behind colored houses and took turns finding him. We did lots of tracing and writing and we made rainbows to hang with beautiful beads. We went on a shape hunt looking for things in the preschool that are squares, circles, triangles, stars, and rectangles.
We sang a shapes song (about 100 times) and sorted clothespins and cowboys by color.
We dumped a HUGE box of colored blocks and sorted them and built amazing things like rockets and cats out of the shapes.
And during Show and Tell, we talked about what colors were on the things we brought. And Eastyn brought a Show and Tell that kept us busy for a long time--his pony Katie and her new baby! What a fun surprise!
4 comments:
Tell me you nap everyday and go to bed by 8:00 pm like I use to. Well....it's coming. You are totally wild and I wish I were young again like you! LOVE YOUR BLOG AND PRESCHOOL!
Oh never you fear--I'm turning into my mother, no question!
Thanks for the comments, Ma :)
Jana-I love the blog! It's so fun! Thanks for taking the time to do it!
Thanks, Jennifer. It's way funner to do this than the little newsletter I send home on Fridays. Ha!
Post a Comment