Friday, January 15, 2010

Week Eighteen: Outer Space Week

Outer Space Week was awesome! Here's what it looked like:


Playing play-dough.


Playing astronaut. Sarah's cheesy smile.
Karsyn trying on the helmet.
Noah K. ready to blast off.
Desdemona keeping in orbit.
Noah worked really hard to get the helmet to balance like that!
Ezra will DEFINITELY be taking that coat into space.
Friends blast off to the moon!
Eastyn happy to be on a space walk.
When I ask the kids to clean up and get ready for circle time, they are usually really fast at cleaning up and then sitting in a half-circle around me. I sit by the bookshelf and under the calendar. Today, someone declared that they were Ms. Jana for the day and everyone raced to sit in my seat. Here they are being me.
Getting ready to make astronaut food. Starts out dry and powdery, rehydrate, shake, snip, and eat right from the bag (we didn't want it to float away, after all).
Mmmmm, banana flavored.
Sarah ready for some milk.
Tasting.




UFO bagels, too. Desi's has awesome olive windows & a hard boiled egg hatch.
Eastyn wanted to eat part of the egg & decorate with the rest.
Putting orange things on Oo. Well, cutting them up first!


I love to see these kids share. They have great imaginations and work together just great!
Listening to Greg & Steve's Space Trip. We're following the directions for our flight.

Making fruit satellites with toothpicks and (imagine that) fruit.




Painting the sun.


Our astronaut helmet pictures all finished to show us as graduates of Sixth Street Space Academy.








Making moon pizzas. I didn't notice Noah K's expression until just now...do you think he's singing? Or protesting english muffins? Pizza sauce? He gives me his glasses when he uses the viewmaster toys. I think I had forgotten to give them back to him in this shot.






Apple smiles!
Assembling our suns complete with awesome sun facts (the sun is actually a star).
Hanging in the sky...just where stars belong!

It was an awesome week. We loved it!

1 comment:

Eric & Laura said...

You're the best Jana! We love your preschool! Noah started turning into a wild animal when we couldn't come for a week! I don't know what we'll do in the summer without you!