Friday, January 22, 2010

Week Nineteen: Five Senses Week

Even though you can trust me when I say we had fun talking about our Five Senses, you can ALSO believe me when I say this was one of the worst preschool weeks we've ever had!!

Thanks to a Monday holiday and THREE snow days, my own kids only went to school one day this week. And preschool only happened on one day instead of the usual three. Which means that I did NOT have as much fun as I was hoping for this week. Which makes it one of the worst.

Here's what we DID have time to get done:

Today we sang songs, had a tasting party, read lots of books about our five senses, played a game where we had to show what sense we used for different things, and we made a book. Here's some of the pictures we used for the book (in no particular order). The text of the book is at the end of this post.














Here's how they turned out (because of the snow, no one has even gotten to bring them home yet!).
Here's a peek inside Eastyn's book:

I have two ears which let me hear.
I have a nose to smell.
I have a tongue to taste the food I like to eat so well.
I have some skin--it covers me and lets me feel and touch.
I have two eyes, which let me see the world I love so much.

I am anxious for next week already!
See you for Snow & Ice Week (appropriate given the current weather situation).

No comments: